Burt Blackarach – Los Angeles
Burt Blackarach is a GRAMMY award-winner, producer, engineer, DJ, and composer. His contact with the Publishing realm of music at a very young age allowed him to understand the intricacies of the music industry early ahead in the game.
With a powerful mindset guided by a constant seeking of artistic evolution, Blackarach has had the opportunity to work on a variety of projects that range from The Temptations to Public Enemy, to James Cameron, AirBnB, and many more. Tune in to learn about his experiences understanding Publishing, Record Deals, and the importance of artistic Mentoring.
The Future Music Forum is an annual international music conference based in Barcelona that gathers the leading minds in the world of music to exchange views on how music is being shared in today’s digital age and discuss new developments taking place in music technology.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Early music influences.
- Learning the Hustle.
- Learning about Publishing at age 16 based on real-life experiences.
- Knowing your business before signing any contract.
- Always making the jump into new things.
- “Say yes, figure it out later.”
- What is Publishing?
- The Royalties split.
- You don’t need to be a creator to own songs.
- What can you offer me that I need?
- Film scoring and composing: “is felt, not heard.”
- Reverse engineering the learning process: from DJing to Producing to Engineering the music.
- Unearthing the path that will fulfill your heart and soul to deal with anxiety, depression, self-doubt, and still push forward.
- Being careful with classic record deals
- What is recouping?
- Work, make a team, make great music, and the labels will look for you: What will they offer that you need?
- New Deals.
- No Standards in today’s industry. Finding other people out there.
- Mentoring: understanding what you want to do.
- New AirBnB branches and reaching out to music to grow a business.
- Teaching DJing for AirBnB.
- “You just got to do something so just start doing it” attacking tasks in the first seconds before doubt sets in.
- Do it awful, then fix it.
- Identifying the holes in your game.
- Throw your intents out to the universe.
- How much do we charge? “As much as your mouth can say”
- Doing the things you’ve always wanted to, at any point in your life.
- Networking and opening doors of opportunities by not saying no.
- Burt Blackarach
- The Temptations
- The GRAMMY’s
- James Cameron
- AirBnB – experiences
- Public Enemy
- Burt’s phone number!: +1 (310) 707-5160
Follow and Subscribe to The CREATR Podcast for free on your favorite streaming platform!